As part of its efforts to support the teaching of writing, the UD Writing Center trains undergraduate writing fellows to assist fulltime faculty members with the instruction of writing in courses throughout the University curriculum. Each fall and spring, the writing center calls for interested faculty who would like to include a writing fellow in their course(s).
The support offered by writing fellows includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Helping students understand writing assignments
- Developing thesis statements
- Advising on drafts prior to paper submission
- Facilitating student writing groups
- Assisting with in-class peer review sessions
To apply for a Writing Fellow, please complete the following form. Applications for Fall 2017 are due May 31st.
Follow up notices regarding your application status will occur in June. Please direct any questions to Melissa Ianetta, Director of the University Writing Centers, at email@example.com.