Writing Center Director, Dr. Jennifer Follett, is happy to discuss writing pedagogy with faculty who teach writing in any discipline or who rely on writing assignments to assess student learning. You may want to ask for a consultation if:
- You plan to integrate a new writing assignment into your course;
- You are not getting the results you hope for from students' writing;
- You have questions about how to give feedback to student writers or how to evaluate their writing;
- You would like to try informal writing assignments as learning tools and want to brainstorm how;
- You feel overwhelmed by the amount of time you spend responding to and grading student writing.
Email Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to talk!
The Writing Center's friend and Associate Professor of English, Michael McCamley, also enjoys talking writing pedagogy with faculty from across the disciplines and frequnetly offers workshops through UD's Faculty Commons. Feel free to reach out to Dr. McCamley at
email@example.com, as well, to discuss your writing pedagogy questions.