The University Writing Center offers interactive writing workshops for faculty on incorporating writing in the classroom. Participants in these multi-day workshops redesign one of their courses to take advantage of high-impact writing activities. Each day's session includes mini-presentations, discussions, and time to work on syllabi and writing assignments.
By the workshop's end, faculty will be better able to:
* Revise and sequence existing assignments to ensure greater student engagement
* Use quick, informal writing-to-learn activities that lessen the need for longer assignments
* Implement efficient and effective response techniques to give students useful feedback
* Help students write better--- without becoming their editor
* Re-consider and re-conceptualize term papers to better meet course goals
* Employ technology to support student writing
* Save time---not waste it---with strategies for grading student writing
* Manage the paper load
Questions about the workshop can be directed to Jacqueline Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (302) 831-1890.