Do you wish students wrote better papers or gave better speeches?
(We know: of course you do)
Help students to help themselves, and invite a Writing Center peer tutor or an Oral Communication Consultant to your class.
The University Writing Centers offer brief (~10 minute) introductory classroom visits from our tutors. During these visits peer tutors will explain that our tutors:
- Provide free, individualized one-on-one assistance
- Assist with all types of writing and all stages of the writing process
- Assist with all stages of the speech preparation and delivery process
Further, during this visit the tutor will describe the centers themselves, explaining to students how to:
- Utilize a convenient online scheduler to schedule appointments
- Find the two locations on campus
Finally, the peer tutor will explain how students can get the most benefit from their writing center visits.
Complete the following form to schedule a class visit from one of our peer tutors.